Next meeting: Wednesday October 19th
A governing board is a representative body established in each school according to the Education Act. It is composed of parents, teachers, representatives of both the non-teaching professionals and support staff, and of students who work in partnership to ensure that all students receive the best possible learning opportunities.
The governing board analyzes the needs of the students and the challenges tied to their success by:
● Analyzing the school situation and reporting on the implementation of the Anti-Violence Anti-Bullying plan;
● Approving the subject time allocation, the approach for implementing the basic school regulations, the school’s rules of conduct and safety measures, school fees, use of premises, and field trips;
● Adopting the educational project, school budget, and the annual activity report;
● Consulting parents of the school on matters related to education, in particular report cards;
● Advising the School Board on matters such as selection of textbooks and instructional materials, criteria of selecting a Principal, and the policies and bylaws of the School Board.
Governing board meetings are held at 7:00 PM on the third Wednesday of every month.
These meetings are open, and time is allocated to questions from the public.